4-H Celebrating 100 Years in Maine
Join the Maine 4-H Foundation’s effort in 2013 to raise $100,000 in celebration of 100 years of 4-H in Maine.
For a century, 4-H, a program of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension, has been a leader in positive youth development, providing hands-on educational and leadership programs for nearly 30,000 youth in Maine. Since its beginning in Maine in 1913, 4-H has emphasized the importance of building the life skills needed to be successful adults. Today, 4-H also is focused on science and technology to foster interest in these areas as avenues to successful careers.
Participating in 4-H makes a difference for youth. What they learn in 4-H influences their adult lives.
“4-H gave me the confidence to become a leader among my peers and take the next step in my life to pursue a college degree.”
– Casey Hushon, 4-H Alum, Senior Account Executive for a leading agricultural marketing communications agency
“The strong sense of public service and volunteerism I learned through 4-H helped me give back to the community later in life.”
– Patrick Larson, 4-H Alum, Assistant Attorney General, Drug Task Force Attorney
In collaboration with the Maine 4-H Foundation, Maine 4-H seeks to raise $100,000 for Maine children. Be a part of this historic celebration honoring generations of children, volunteers, educators, and communities working together to help youth learn to become the young leaders we know today and the adult leaders of tomorrow.
Donations in support of this campaign would support such initiatives as:
- programs based in STEM — science, technology, engineering and math
- participants pursuing higher education
- leadership development, travel opportunities and workshop driven programs
- leadership programs in Washington, D.C.
- annual Maine 4-H Days, held during the summer at the Windsor Fairgrounds
- youth enrollment in animal science projects at the annual Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, Mass.
Audrey Chapman, Executive Director, Maine 4-H Foundation
email@example.com or 207.356.5904
Maine 4-H Foundation
5717 Corbett Hall, Room 310
Orono, ME 04469
University of Maine, Gifts Processing Department
P.O. Box 370
Orono, ME 04473-0370
(memo line reading “4-H”)
Online donations can be made on a secure website.