Afterschool - 4-H Afterschool Academy For Afterschool Providers
Through a combination of face-to-face and web-based training, the 4-H Afterschool Academy will offer a total of 10 hours of professional development for afterschool staff.
Participants will learn how to
- integrate 4-H and positive youth development concepts into their afterschool programs,
- actively engage students in 4-H Science, and
- be introduced to 4-H Science curriculum that’s research-based and easy to use.
Participants must complete all 10 hours of training to receive their certificate of completion. CEUs are available. Successful completion of the program includes a T-shirt, access to 4-H curriculum and resources, and the opportunity to participate in the National 4-H Science Day.
Locations and dates of face-to-face trainings:
More dates and places will be posted soon!
Academy Agenda (total of 10 hours)
- Webinar: Welcome to the 4-H Afterschool Academy — .5 hour
- Web Course: e-Learning for 4-H volunteers — 1.5 hours
- Face to Face: Basic Components of a 4-H Program — 3 hours
- Face to Face: 4-H Science — 3 hours
- Webinar: National 4-H Science Day — 1 hour
- Webinar: Civic Engagement — 1 hour
The 4-H Afterschool Academy is made possible through funding provided by the MetLife Foundation.