Afterschool - 4-H Afterschool Academy For Afterschool Providers
Through a combination of face-to-face and web-based training, the 4-H Afterschool Academy will offer a total of 10 hours of professional development for afterschool staff.
Participants will learn how to
- integrate 4-H and positive youth development concepts into their afterschool programs,
- actively engage students in 4-H Science, and
- be introduced to 4-H Science curriculum that’s research-based and easy to use.
Participants must complete all 10 hours of training to receive their certificate of completion. CEUs are available. Successful completion of the program includes a T-shirt, access to 4-H curriculum and resources, and the opportunity to participate in the National 4-H Science Day.
Training dates, times, and locations
To register for the following trainings, please contact KymNoelle Sposato at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.287.1458 (in Maine).
- 10/7/13 and 11/18/13, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., 970 South Main Street, Auburn, ME
- 10/9/13 and 10/16/13, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., Carl J. Lamb School, 223 Shaw’s Ridge Road, Springvale, ME
- 10/24/13 and 11/14/13, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., Bath YMCA, 303 Centre Street, Bath, ME
- Spring 2014, Oxford Recreation, 223 King Street, Oxford, ME
- TBA, A Joyful Noise Childcare Center, 679 Roosevelt Trail, Windham, ME
To register for the following trainings, please contact Tara Wood at email@example.com or 207.255.3345 or 800.287.1542 (in Maine)
- 10/29/13 and 11/12/13, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., UMaine Extension Penobscot County, 307 Maine Avenue, Bangor, ME
- 11/13/13 and 11/20/13, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Hutchinson Center, Belfast, ME
Registration fee: $15.00
Academy Agenda (total of 10 hours)
- Webinar: Welcome to the 4-H Afterschool Academy — .5 hours
- Web Course: e-Learning for 4-H volunteers — 1.5 hours
- Face-to-Face: Basic Components of a 4-H Program — 3.0 hours
- Webinar: 4-H Curriculum and Resources — .75 hours
- Face-to-Face: Hands on Learning through 4-H — 3.0 hours
- Webinar: Family Science — .5 hours
- Webinar: 4-H Opportunities — .75 hours