Animal Science Resources - Dairy
Eastern States Exposition Information & Forms
- Dairy Quiz Bowl Tryouts – February 16, 2014 at the University of Maine at Augusta – 218 Randall Student Center
- Dairy Cattle Judging Tryouts – Saturday, April 12, 2014 – Times & Locations will be Announced in March
- State 4-H Dairy Show (Eastern States Dairy Team Tryouts) – July 19 and 20, 2014 at the Windsor Fairgrounds
State 4-H Dairy Show
- 4-H Contract for Rental/Lease of Dairy Animals (Word | PDF)
- Animal Approval Form for 4-H Animal Shows (Word | PDF)
Dairy Project Resources
- University of Wisconsin 4-H Dairy Cattle site - A good source of information. Features a revolving judging contest, quiz bowl section, links to all the breed associations, publications, etc.
- Two Year Dairy Colleges
- Four Year Dairy Colleges
- University of Minnesota Fact Sheet (PDF) – Judging Dairy Cattle
Standard Equipment Box for Dairy and Livestock Members Descriptions
Dairy Quiz Bowl Questions and Practice
- Hoard’s Dairyman Youth Corner Dairy Quizzes – The youth quiz section of the website has questions from each issue. This magazine is a reference for the state and Big E Dairy Quiz Bowls.
- University of Wisconsin Questions
- Virginia Tech Questions
Manuals and CD’s available for 6 major animal groups; equine, small ruminant (sheep and goats), canine, beef, dairy, and feline. You can order directly from the York County Shepherds 4-H Club from Sanford, Maine at a slight discounted price. This will support Maine 4-H as a portion of the price will go to the Maine 4-H Foundation. Contact Donna Flint at email@example.com or mail your order in to York County Shepherds, c/o University of Maine Cooperative Extension, 21 Bradeen St., Suite 302, Springvale, ME 04083. Manuals are $74.95 + $6.00 for shipping and handling, CD’s are $24.95 + $3.00 shipping and handling. You can view the manuals at the InfoVet web site. Click on the animal you wish to browse.
For more information on educational programs in your area, contact your county Extension office.