Animal Science Resources - 2014 Windsor Fair Youth Baby Beef and Market Lamb Show and Sale
Windsor Fair has changed their baby beef and market lamb show and sale from 4-H to a youth show and sale. The 2014 Show and Sale will be open to all youth between the ages of 9 and 18 as of December 31st of the current year. In lieu of an Intent to sell form, youth must CALL the committee to let them know they want to raise a steer or lamb for the show and auction; committee members are: Diane Gushee – 256.7798 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Dana Prime – 446.3570, Carol Davis – 491.7893 or email@example.com, Curtis Prime – Livestock Superintendent, Windsor Fair – 242-3341, and Tom Foster, President, Windsor Fair. To participate in the 2014 Youth Show and Sale, notification must be communicated to a committee member by January 3, 2014 for market steers ad June 6, 2014 for market lambs.
These are the rules for the 2014 Windsor Fair Youth Baby Beef and Market Lamb Shows.
- Entries will be limited to 1 baby beef entry and one market lamb entry per youth.
- Steers must be born on or before January 1st of the preceding year and in the possession of the Youth member by January 1st of the show year.
- Market lambs must be born and in the possession of the Youth member by June 1st of the current year.
- All animals will be tagged electronically by the Department of Agriculture by February 15th for beef (tag and DNA sample) and by June 30th for market lambs (tag).
- Windsor fair strongly recommends that these market animals have a 4-H animal approval form completed and signed to be able to participate in other 4-H shows prior to our Youth Show. When your project is tagged you will be given the needed approval form as applicable.
- Youth members falsifying any information given to Windsor Fair Youth Market Committee will forfeit all sale money and show premiums.
- All Youth members must abide by all the rules set for this Youth Show and Sale by the Windsor Fair Youth Market Committee.
- Steers must be stalled no later than Thursday at 5:00 P.M.
- Sheep must be penned no later than Thursday at 5:00 P.M.
- All market lambs and beef steers MUST remain in the barn/pen designated for auction animals except when taken directly to the wash rack and directly back to the barn. Any animals not kept within the designated barn and perimeter may be pulled from the show and/or sale and will forfeit all premium monies and /or sale monies.
- Appropriate attire –Western attire is acceptable. Dark green, navy blue or black pants (belted), collared shirts (short or long sleeve) tucked in neatly and proper footwear is required for the show ring and the sale ring. No jeans allowed.
- Youth members must show and sell their own steer/market lamb, unless exempted by the Windsor Fair Youth Market Committee.
- All animals will be weighed in at a designated time.
- There will be two separate shows: sale show and fair show – and no animal may show in both