Maine 4-H Days - 2013 Maine 4-H Days Important Information and Rules
Maine 4-H Days Registration Requirements
Registration must be your first priority when arriving on the fairgrounds. It is important for participants to register so that coordinators have an accurate account of who is on the fairgrounds at all times in case of an emergency. Be sure to indicate on your form which days you plan to be at the event. You will receive a bracelet upon registration, and are required to wear it throughout the weekend. If you are seen on the fairgrounds without a Maine 4-H Days bracelet, you will be asked to report immediately to the office to register. This includes workshop participants – you will be asked to leave the workshop until registration is complete.
Thursday Registration: Due to the growing size of Maine 4-H Days, we will be opening the office for registration on Thursday, July 18th from 2:00 – 6:00 pm. Please register before you begin setting up your camper or tent site.
- Maine 4-H Days is a program of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension.
- Maine 4-H Days is sponsored by the Maine 4-H Foundation.
- Camp Fires are not allowed on the fairgrounds.
- Every child must have a chaperone, and chaperones must remain on the grounds at all times (sharing the responsibility is fine). Chaperones of Cloverbuds should plan to accompany them from one workshop to the next, and check in with each workshop instructor to see if it is appropriate to leave them with the instructor. Some Cloverbud workshops may require adult assistance.
- This is a community event with neighborhood watch style of enforcing rules and regulations. Everyone is responsible for monitoring the safety of participants.
- Please use a separate form for each person. Please register if you are a member, leader, parent, or sibling of a participant. If you need paper copies of the registration packet and forms, please contact your local UMaine Cooperative Extension county office, or call the State 4-H Office at: (800) 287-0274, or (207) 581-3877.
- The cost for Maine 4-H Days is $5.00 per person, with a maximum fee of $15.00 per family prior to July 1, 2013. After that date, the fee increases to $7.00 per person, with a maximum fee of $20.00 per family. Checks or money orders can be made out to the University of Maine – be sure to put Maine 4-H Days in the memo line, or you can pay online.
- Confirmations are not mailed out; if you are unsure whether your registration arrived, please call the State 4-H Office at: (800) 287-0274, or 207-581-3877.
- Persons with special needs accommodations should contact Sarah Sparks at 1-800-287-1458 at least 10 days prior to the event.
- Bicycles and skates are okay to bring. Helmets are required.
- Curfew is at 10:00 pm; all attendees need to be quiet & settled in after that.
- Please use the buddy system when walking around the fair grounds. We are sharing the grounds with the horsemen at the racetrack.
- Dogs need to be on a leash at all times, and must have a current rabies certificate on the premises.
- Animal/livestock program participants: If you have already registered your animal for a show, you still need to register yourself for Maine 4-H Days. Please send in your registration form in this packet, and check in at the Administration Building when you arrive. If you are signing up for the horse track – you must submit the additional Horse Track Registration Form, which is included in this packet. State Dairy Show entries are available at: http://umaine.edu/4h/youth/4-h-projects/animal-science-resources/dairy/.
- Food – You are responsible for your own meals at Maine 4-H Days. There is a limited amount of refrigerator space available; be sure to clearly label your items; please note that when there are sessions/groups in the kitchen, the refrigerators will not be available, and plan accordingly. There will be an ice cream social and 100th birthday party for 4-H in Maine on Friday night after the parade. There is a Hannaford grocery store at the junction of Rt. 32 and Rt. 3 in China, seven miles from the fairgrounds. Hussey’s general store is 2 miles from the fairgrounds and has a few groceries and a deli. There will be no food vendors at 4-H Days this year.
- Please return your signed Permission / Health Form, Photo Release, and Assumption of Risk Form with mail-in registration. Youth forms MUST have a parent/guardian signature.
- Please follow the instructions on the registration form. For enrichment programs, note your first, second, and third choice for each session for every day. Registrations are processed as they receive, and sessions are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Prior to arrival the the Fairgrounds, please read the New for 2013 Camping Guidelines