ASC Role Descriptions - ASC Treasurer
Title: Animal Science Committee Treasurer
The work is statewide which includes two meetings a year in Central Maine and additional events and activities. The use of technology such as phone and video conferencing is used.
Work in coordination with University of Maine Cooperative Extension Staff member to track income and expenses related to activities and events sponsored by the ASC.
- ASC Treasurer must be a currently enrolled Maine 4-H volunteer.
- Served on the ASC committee for at least one year.
- A current Activity Coordinator can not serve as ASC Treasurer.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance and reconcile a check book or other accounting system.
- Complete orientation and training about best practices related to University of Maine 4-H financial policies and guidelines.
- Attend Spring and Fall ASC meetings and provide a treasurer report.
- If requested prepare a report for additional committee meetings.
- Prepare annual budget for the ASC with input from the committee members and staff liaison.
- Work with the Activity Coordinator or University of Maine Extension Staff to ensure accurate and complete financial records and to access funds.
- Keep accurate records of all income, donations, and expenses incurred by the ASC to support their activities and events.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to the State 4-H Office (S4HO) as requested.
- Term: Three years, renewable for two terms for a total of six years.
- Time commitment estimated to be 20-40 hours per year.
- Orientation for new Treasurers which includes best practices related to University of Maine 4-H financial policies and guidelines.
- Receive information about financial management best practices and guidelines for groups.
- Develop resume building skills related to financial management.
Animal Science State Program Coordinator