Home - The New England 4-H Dog Program Poster Contest
Any 4-Her enrolled in the 4-H Dog Care and Training Project, ages 5 and up, is invited to participate in the New England 4-H Dog Program Poster Contest!
This is a great way for youth interested in the 4-H Dog Care and Training Project who won’t be attending The Big E to participate, they can send their entries with a team member or chaperone.
Information and Instructions
PURPOSE: To promote information and/or interest in the 4-H Dog Care and Training project and in the dog industry. GOAL: To involve 4-H members of all ages in the New England 4-H Dog Program at The Big E.
SUBJECT: Any aspect of the 4-H Dog Care and Training Project
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all 4-H members 5 through 18 years of age, as of January 1 of the current year, who are enrolled in the 4-H Dog Care and Training project. Divisions are as follows:
- Division 1 – 4-H ages 12-14, participating at ESE 4-H Dog Program
- Division 2 – 4-H ages 15-18, participating at ESE 4-H Dog Program
- Division 3 – 4-H ages 5-8, not participating at ESE 4-H Dog Program
- Division 4 – 4-H ages 9-11, not participating at ESE 4-H Dog Program
- Division 5 – 4-H ages 12-14, not participating at ESE 4-H Dog Program
- Division 6 – 4-H ages 15-18, not participating at ESE 4-H Dog Program
- Help is permitted with spelling in Division 3.
REGISTRATION: If being mailed, posters must be sent or delivered to Mallary Arena at The Big E on or before September 30, 2012. All others must be presented for judging by 9 PM on the Friday of the ESE 4-H New England Dog Program. The 4-H Dog Show Committee or The Big E cannot be held responsible for the return of any poster.
- Poster must be 14”x22”, no more or less.
- Poster may be horizontal or vertical, but NOT THREE-DIMENSIONAL.
- Poster may not contain copyrighted material, i.e. Snoopy, Garfield, etc
- Medium of your choice may be used, such as crayon, marker, etc.
- Information listed below must be on the back of each poster submitted or item will not be judged
JUDGING: Posters will be judged on the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Information and Idea -
- Theme –25, Simplicity –15, Subject Dog – 10
- Art and Design -
- Attractive –10, Eye catching –10, Neatness –10, Use of Color –10
- Miscellaneous -
- Correct information on animal or subject –5
- 4-H Clover present on poster –5
AWARDS: All participants will receive ribbons based on the Danish System; Blue -100-80 points; Red – 79.5-60 points; White –below 59.5 points. Rosettes will be awarded to all division winners. ESE participants will earn points which will count toward their overall score For a blue ribbon, 10 points will be added, red award will earn 7 points, and white award will earn 5 points.
PLACE THIS INFORMATION ON THE BACK OF YOUR POSTER
NAME ____________________________________________________________________ ADDRESS_________________________________________________________________ CLUB NAME_____________________________________________________________ STATE___________________________ COUNTY ___________________________ Division Entered____________________ Age (as of 1/01)_______________ .