Don’t forget to send in your paperwork for 2012 Maine 4-H Days – June 21 – 24 at the Windsor Fairgrounds!!! Registration forms, descriptions of workshops, and animal tracks, and any other information you need can be found online at: http://umaine.edu/4h/youth/4-
The State 4-H Office has already received over 200 registrations for Maine 4-H Days. Luckily, this year we have so many amazing workshops, that there are very few that are full so far! We are keeping the registration forms online updated, with any workshops that are full crossed out, as well as any additions. Some great workshops with plenty of room that you might want to check out are:
- Milk Processing and Preservation: A Taste Test – You’ll get to learn the science of processing cow’s milk – and also do some taste testing!
- Bike Rodeo – Learn all about bike safety, and check out different skill stations
- I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream – this fun workshop about how delicious science can be is all full on Friday – but has plenty of room in the Saturday session!
- Mainely Physics: P.S.I. – is back again this year, you may remember this as the "Physics Roadshow" – no need to sign up to check it out – you can try out all kinds of zany experiments all day on Saturday and Sunday
- The Creativity Tent/Area – we have a ton of supplies for really cool projects like sand art, friendship bracelets, working with air dry clay, and much more! Come in an check it out anytime during the day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. * We’re always looking for donations of materials and volunteer time to make this a really fun place to be!
- Descriptions of all enrichment workshops can be found at: http://umaine.edu/4h/youth/4-
h-events/maine-4-h-days/2012- maine-4-h-days-enrichment- programs/
- For those interested in Dog Camp, it has been increased to 20 youth, and the full schedule is now available online at: http://umaine.edu/4h/youth/4-
Be sure to register and pay before June 4th, and you qualify for the reduced registration fee of $5 per person, with a maximum of $15 per family. After June 4th, the fee increases to $7 per person, with a maximum of $20 per family. You can pay by mailing in a check, or online with a credit or debit card at: http://extensionpubs.umext.
One of the biggest changes this year is that you can check in on Thursday, if you’re planning to arrive early! The office will be open from 2:00 – 6:00 pm on the 21st. Be sure to head to the office as soon as you arrive on the grounds. Because we anticipate such high numbers of people arriving on Thursday, there will be organized evening activities that night, as well as on Friday and Saturday! For information about the different evening activities, including candy bar bingo, the parade, the ice cream social, and the Take-a-Chance auction, go to: http://umaine.edu/4h/youth/4-
If you have any trouble with the forms, feel free to call and request paper copies, or to register over the phone at 800-287-0274 or 581-3877. You can also email electronic copies of your forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax forms to 207-581-1387.
Thanks for helping to make 2012 Maine 4-H Days the best ever!!